Laboratory Notes for BIO 3001
© 4 July 2009, John H. Wahlert
How many yeast cells are in a packet?
- 1 package of dry yeast (7.0 grams)
- One 1000 ml beaker for stock solution
- Two droppers
Student equipment (six sets total for 6 groups of 4):
- Six 10 ml graduated cylindars, 1 at each station for sample of stock suspension
- Six 2 ml pipettes, 1 at each station
- Six 2.5 ml beakers at each station
- microscope slides
- cover slips
- Six droppers at each station
- How do you estimate the number of something that is too small and numerous to count individually?
- How might this be relevant to determining the severity of a bacterial or fungal infection?
Return to Index.
Last updated 28 February 2011 (JHW)